Wisconsin’s Medicare enrollment is earlier than normal this year, running from October 15th through December 7th. The Insurance Commissioner reminded Wisconsin seniors to review their Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plans’ coverage for 2013 as it may not be the same in 2013. The plans can change premiums, deductibles, included physicians, hospitals, etc.
Wisconsin residents with Medicare are not required to change plans. A few things that should be taken into consideration when making a decision to stay with the current plan or change are:
- What providers are covered under the plan?
- What drugs are covered under the plan?
- Are additional benefits included and are their costs to the additional benefits?
- How often can the plan raise the premiums?
- Are there certain benefits excluded from the plan?
As a rule, the plans that provide more liberty in choosing a provider, will have higher premiums or more out-of-pocket expenses, but still may be the Medicare health care plan that best suites your needs.
If you have questions about your Medicare plan, please contact us today.